[GSoC status report] Week 17

Téo Mrnjavac teo at getamarok.com
Tue Aug 18 01:54:18 CEST 2009

Last week of GSoC, and a very busy one! Started the week with some
fixes to the breadcrumb. Moved the layouts menu to the Playlist
toolbar. Implemented configurable Playlist grouping. Removed some
leftover methods from GroupingProxy. Fixed a really nasty issue in our
use of the singleton pattern in the proxies, by creating a ModelStack
class to handle them. This commit also fixed the queuing issue and
lots of other apparently unexplainable and weird issues. Exposed the
topmost proxy as The::playlist(). Completely decoupled the proxies
from each other.
Added lots of code documentation. Made the DBus handlers use the
topmost proxy and made the navigators code somewhat less verbose.
Implemented grouping by source.
Fixed the issue with the playlist not being saved on exit.
Implemented Amarok URL bookmarks for the Playlist view! \o/ (Some
usability work may still be needed but the heavier lifting is done)
And finally, made the PlaylistManager save only the tracks exposed by
the topmost proxy, and export only the tracks exposed by the topmost
proxy except when exporting to current.xspf on exit.

This concludes my GSoC project which is now feature complete.
Thank you Nikolaj for your guidance, support and patience during these
3 months, and thanks also to the whole team for your help and for
putting up with our lengthy discussions.

In the following weeks I will be increasingly busy preparing my last
exam and working on my thesis, however I obviously remain accountable
for my code so keep testing and poke me if something I did during GSoC
is broken.

Cheers
Téo