2.2 release

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Mon Aug 17 23:10:26 CEST 2009

Hi all,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 22:48, Lydia Pintscher<lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 22:42, Leo Franchi<lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi dudes and dudettes,
>>
>> The end of SoC is upon us. The time for 2.2 has come!
>>
>> This means, primarily, that we need to freeze. Given the mad bug-
>> triaging that Myriam has been doing, it should be easier than ever to
>> zero in on our bugs and resolve as many as we can for 2.2 final.

Let's hope so! Targeting Zero will be hard to achieve in such a short
time I fear, though :) I will go through the wish list next and close
the bazillions of stuff that is already implemented :)

>> Do people have any things they want to get in before we hard freeze? I
>> propose the following:
>>
>> August 28th (fri): String freeze, soft feature freeze, tag/release 2.2
>> Beta 1
>> Sept. 11th (fri): Hard feature freeze, 2.2 Beta 2
>> Sept. 25th (fri): Release 2.2 final
> Looks good to me besides one thing: I will be at FrOSCon this weekend
> very likely. This means packing and university stuff on Friday. Given
> that the release script has not been tested with git before I see a
> lot of problems on my way. So I'd rather move that to late Monday or
> even Tuesday.

Hm, he talked about Friday 28th, not 21st, as FrosCon is 22+23rd of
August. Maybe you thought of the wrong weekend?

But on the other hand, Mark and I will be away for about a week too,
from 21st to about 26-27th, FrosCon first, going to pay Mark's parents
a visit. I hope this is not too much of a problem.

Somebody needs to go through the changelog though, as I think there
are quite a few things missing that have been implemented since trunk
opened. I will try having an eye on it while closing implemented
wishes anyway.

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org