2.2 release

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 22:48:50 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 22:42, Leo Franchi<lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi dudes and dudettes,
>
> The end of SoC is upon us. The time for 2.2 has come!
>
> This means, primarily, that we need to freeze. Given the mad bug-
> triaging that Myriam has been doing, it should be easier than ever to
> zero in on our bugs and resolve as many as we can for 2.2 final.
>
> Do people have any things they want to get in before we hard freeze? I
> propose the following:
>
> August 28th (fri): String freeze, soft feature freeze, tag/release 2.2
> Beta 1
> Sept. 11th (fri): Hard feature freeze, 2.2 Beta 2
> Sept. 25th (fri): Release 2.2 final
>
> I'm unsure if 4 weeks is too little time---I would say to try this
> schedule, and if we have to, release a beta3 instead of final, and
> push back final to Oct. 9th or so.
>
> thoughts?
> leo

Looks good to me besides one thing: I will be at FrOSCon this weekend
very likely. This means packing and university stuff on Friday. Given
that the release script has not been tested with git before I see a
lot of problems on my way. So I'd rather move that to late Monday or
even Tuesday.

Cheers
Lydia

--