[Amarok] Moved playlist layouts selection menu back to the

Téo Mrnjavac teo at getamarok.com
Wed Aug 12 13:18:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Seb Ruiz<ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
> 2009/8/13 Teo Mrnjavac <teo at getamarok.com>:
>> commit 0297885a911708618986f9f4746f711b00a3cc03
>> Author:     Teo Mrnjavac <teo at getamarok.com>
>> AuthorDate: Tue Aug 11 10:57:42 2009 +0200
>> Commit:     Teo Mrnjavac <teo at getamarok.com>
>> CommitDate: Wed Aug 12 12:42:56 2009 +0200
>>
>>    Moved playlist layouts selection menu back to the playlist toolbar.
>
> Why did you do this? We discussed this at length to move it _out_ of
> the toolbar. This is not a feature which can be justified to be in the
> toolbar (as it's not going to be used often enough for enough people).
> Leaving it in the menu bar makes it still accessible without polluting
> the UI.
>
> I call for revert please.

We discussed it again yesterday and found that in the playlist menu
it's just too hidden. Eventually it might return there when we get
sort+layout+grouping bookmarks but until then hiding playlist layouts
hurts the usability of the playlist. I realize that this solution
isn't ideal because it doesn't please everyone, but for now I call for
keeping it as it is at least for a while until bookmarks land in
trunk.