Code names for the Amarok 2.2 series

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 16:19:05 CEST 2009

I subscribe to the "choose one good name and stick with it" school of
though. "Fast Forward" was a very strong and visible brand, and many
people knew it because it stayed around for so long.

I guess it really depends on how we choose to do releases going
forward. Personally I think that one or two bugfix releases per major
release it a bit low. Especially with git branches, if people _really_
have an urge to go hack on stuff that id definitely 2.3 material, then
fine, but overall I would like to see at least 4-5 time based updates
to 2.2. This would also make the release name stay current for longer
as it would apply to more releases.

- Nikolaj