Third-party service plugins

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 01:40:37 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
>  c) Ensure stable ABI. We won't be able to get away with detours such
> as bumping a plugin version number since plugins will be externally
> handled. (hard)

Yea I'm not so sure about this idea due to this. One way to avoid it
is by releasing the plugins in parallel with Amarok, in the same way
trunk/KDE does for all those apps.

But I wonder if the better solution isn't to extend QtScript to make
possible whatever it is that they need. I mean, they have access to
the full Qt API already, so it would be no problem (as-in, ~10 LOC) to
just give them a QWidget to parent on and let them do whatever they
want.

Ian