Fwd: extragear/multimedia/amarok

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Apr 15 20:41:35 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 18:02:23 Dan Meltzer wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Dan Meltzer
>
> <parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd think that it would make more sense to make our changelog read in
> > past tense consistantaly from now on, as it's a log of what has
> > happened up to this point, not a log of what is happening now.

+1.  Past tense makes more sense in context (it is a record of what has been
done) and it less ambiguous (as the contracted present tense style (eg: "fix
problem x", meaning "I made a change to fix problem x") is often identical to
the contracted imperative style used in TODOs (eg: "fix problem x", meaning "I
must fix problem x").

Alex

PS: Apologies for the grammatical terms

--
Why have I got six monitors?  Because I haven't got room for eight.
  -- Terry Pratchett