extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/context/popupdropper/libpud

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Mon Apr 13 04:16:33 CEST 2009

Seb Ruiz wrote:
> 2009/4/13 Jeff Mitchell <mitchell at kde.org>:
>> SVN commit 952842 by mitchell:
>>
>> Sync changes against playground.  PLEASE let me know of regressions...I had totally forgot I made these changes, and I know a part of what I had intended to do is incomplete (but I don't think should affect Amarok).  This does fix some wishlist items though.
>
> JEFF!
> We are but a couple of weeks away from 2.1 release. I do not think it
> is acceptable to be merging "playground" changes to a major component
> of Amarok.

"Playground" is simply referring to where the PUD code lives, i.e. it's
in trunk/playground/libs, which is the location mainly because I don't
know where else to put it (eventually I will move it to kdesupport once
I don't plan on mucking with the API much more).  It has nothing to do
with the quality of the code, which I have tested quite a lot with my
test app.  All PUD development happens there (in playground), and I just
sync Amarok to it periodically when I fix things.

Almost all of the code in the changeset has to do with visual
separators, and this is what I referred to as incomplete.  Amarok isn't
using those anyways (AFAIK) because they didn't use to work in the first
place, so none of that code is going to be run.

However, this commit *does* fix issues with the sizes of the drop
targets on items not being correct/large enough, as well as some item
placement problems, plus a null-pointer check and an issue where items
wouldn't be updated properly.  So it's definitely recommended unless
someone sees any regressions.

Summarizing: this commit should be okay and it fixes bugs, and like any
other commit, if regressions are seen, please do let me know.

--Jeff