Collection improvements suggestions

Pierre-Luc Auclair p-l.auclair at velourbain.qc.ca
Fri Apr 3 01:39:11 CEST 2009

Ok, so here's my new draft of the feature.

I added a maximized mode, which can only see one collection at a time, but
preserves the ability to quickly access all collections at a time.

I also added a "Trash target". And I put in a description of how CDs could be
handled in A2.

http://www.velourbain.qc.ca/amarok/collection-features-2.png

> So that is five or more already. And the funny thing is: most will
> have exactly the same Tracks, or a subset.
> It's all the Tracks from all Collections (grouped by ... obviously),
> but all the duplicates (same content in different Collections) are
> merged into one "Proxy" Track. Never mind how this is implemented,
> just focus on the UI that will make this obvious to the user. You will
> have the info needed to know on which Collections the Track exists.
> Ex.: You've synchronized your local collection with your iPod, so "03
> Nightwish - Nemo" is on both but only listed once in the
> CollectionBrowser.

You can see my draft in the image. I'm not sure how you can make it *really*
obvious, but this has discoverability in mind so I believe it should be
enough. I toyed with a drop box too, but it lacked the ability to select so I
removed it.

Pierre-Luc