Troubles with unexpected changes in beta stage [Fwd: MySQLe Preview for Windows]

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Sep 25 09:50:01 CEST 2008

-------- Wiadomość oryginalna --------
Temat: MySQLe Preview for Windows
Data: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:37:39 +0200
Nadawca: Patrick Spendrin <ps_ml at gmx.de>
Odpowiedź-Do: KDE on Windows <kde-windows at kde.org>
Adresat: KDE on Windows <kde-windows at kde.org>

As you might have heard, there is some need for a mysql-embedded package
to build current amarok svn sources.
I didn't found the time yet to get this done, as it requires a bit more
work. Even though I got told that I should "try harder", I am afraid I
can't find the free time now until next week.

I have uploaded a first mysql-embedded package though and it seems to
work with msvc even though I had to hack around to get it linking.
I couldn't get it linking yet with mingw but that might be a problem
only I experienced.

This means that if anybody has to much time and wants to fix the
mysql-embedded package I would be very glad (simply needs an emerge
package for it and it needs to be added to amarok's script).
This does also mean that if you need to build amarok from the source,
you need to download the packages listed below by hand and unpack them
into your %KDEROOT%. I can't provide you with any solutions for any
errors you may hit, so you're still on your own.

http://saroengels.net/kde-windows/gnuwin32/mysql-embedded-5.1.28-0-bin.tar.bz2
http://saroengels.net/kde-windows/gnuwin32/mysql-embedded-5.1.28-0-lib.tar.bz2

I am sorry for any inconvenience as I am not responsible for it.

regards,
Patrick

--
web:                 http://windows.kde.org
irc:                 #kde-windows (irc.freenode.net)

regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek