Building MySQL Embedded for Amarok 2

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:28:35 CEST 2008

> And this isn't a reason to revert?  I'm pretty sure that expecting
> users to compile their own version of mysql is probably a bit high of
> an entry barrier to expect satisfactory (or any) testing of the beta.

If we dont make this change now, then when? Sure, it will mean less
testing in the short term, but hopefully the distros will offer an
updated mysql package soon so most users will not have to compile
mysql themselves.

Ok, so maybe I am overly optimistic, but the longer we wait, the more
painful it will be IMO.

- Nikolaj