MySQLe link issue

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:44:57 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008 14:27:00 Ian Monroe wrote:
> Its not a question of it being broken, we just need a configuration
> free MySQL. This could be done via libmysqlclient, it would just take
> more work.

What do you mean by "configuration free"?  Something that doesn't store any
config settings (ie, host, user, password, dbname) in the amarokrc file?  What is
the problem with storing settings?  Is the problem the stored settings themselves,
or that a user has to configure MySQL so that Amarok can use it?  If the latter,
would it be acceptable to put in a Wiki entry that says "You can use regular
MySQL, but we don't really support it and you have to edit the amarokrc file on
your own"?

Given that there's a low chance of Gentoo making the compilation change to
accommodate us, what should we do to get Amarok2 available on Gentoo?

--
Soren Harward
stharward at gmail.com