Beta versioning system

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Sep 21 16:23:55 CEST 2008

Heya,

as I've already stated numerous times on IRC, I'm really unhappy with
the new versioning system that we've started to deploy in Amarok 2,
e.g.

beta1 = 1.90

I've just talked to another user who got confused by this, and this
was probably the 10th time already that this happened. The old system,
which we have been using very successfully for about 4 years, was
simply

beta1 = beta1

All was fine with that system. So, if there is no compelling reason
against it, I would like to switch back to the old system ASAP.

Thoughts?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer