Amarok 2 build issues with libmtp

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Wed Sep 10 21:09:23 CEST 2008

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Hey all (and especially Xevix),
>
> lately I've been reading a lot about build troubles involving libmtp.
> I hear that Amarok depends on the newer version of this library than
> most distros provide. Typical error log:

Most newer versions of distros provide libmtp 0.3...it's been out for a
bit.  One problem though is that many other projects haven't been fixed
up to work with the new version, so a distro may hold back so as not to
break existing software.

More on point, I don't know why CMake does not detect this properly.
I've looked through the code before and it seems to be using pkg-config,
which should be returning the correct information, but CMake seems to
either be ignoring it or mishandling it.

Any CMake experts reading this?

--Jeff