threading in mysql-embedded

Ian Monroe imonroe at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 20:09:47 CEST 2008

In limitations of MySQL embedded it notes that InnoDB isn't reentrant.
Simply putting a mutex around all calls to mysql should be sufficient
correct? So different threads are OK, just not different threads at
the same time. Correct?

It kind of depends on the definition of reentrant being used so I ask.

What are the rules for MyISAM and threads?

Any general thoughts on what backend to use for mysql embedded also
appreciated. We noticed that InnoDB seems to enjoy exit()ing on error
conditions (like disk full) which isn't very nice.

Ian