Release naming

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Sep 5 20:04:08 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> So i know we haven't had a formal vote on this, but it seems that the
> 17-step plan based on "Let There Be Light"'s song titles was greeted
> very enthusiastically. I particularly like that we already have a
> bunch of release names, and get ask artists to design splashcreens
> *early*.
>
> Can we say that we have a consensus? Or do some people still disagree
> strongly?

Well the 17-step-plan doesn't really give Amarok 2 a name like "fast
forward". So we're really still going to call it Amarok 2. That was
the main objection to having a release name, that we had already
promoted "Amarok 2" and a release name would take away from it.

So what we have is a release theme. I think this is fine. :)

The first release image can be of Carl Sagan creating the universe. :D

Ian