extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/playlist

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 14:47:30 CET 2008

> We need to get a release out there.  The amount of changes required to
> make this work properly could create a gigantic amount of regressions,
> and delay our release even more.
>
> If we aim for perfection with 2.0, we're never going to get anywhere.
> Aim for "good enough" and then we still have things to focus on for
> 2.0.1, 2.0.2, and so on.  We've been working on amarok 2 for almost 20
> months now.  It's time to put a stamp on it and get it out into the
> public.

Well put. I could not agree more!

Also, the proposed solution ( comparing album names, and artist names
if available ) _will_ work for 99.5 percent of cases, so it will
likely not be something that most users ever encounter. The main
reason I am so opposed to the way its currently implemented is that it
makes the scripted services look really bad. And making these work
well is important for attracting new script writers.

- Nikolaj