Using Valgrind for performance profiling

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Oct 22 18:03:42 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Andreas Mützel <andreas.muetzel at gmx.net> wrote:
> i could have a look at these things, are there any special functions of amarok
> you want me to profile?
> Else i will poke around a bit and see if there are any interesting findings.

Generally I'm not aware of any hotspots that are performing
particularly badly in current Amarok 2. So I would recommend to just
"poke around" a bit and see if you can spot anything out of the
regular.

For instance it could be interesting to see where we spend most of the
time during startup and shutdown.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer