StatusBarNG + service initialization issue

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 19:56:32 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:49 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On a related note, are there any plans to rename the StatusBarNG to
>> just StatusBar, after we've nuked the old code? I think that would
>> make sense.
>
> That was the plan, but as some of the thread safe stuff has not been
> ported over, I would like to keep the old stuff around for a little
> while longer

Btw, thanks to some new features in Qt4, it should be pretty easy to
do this in a threadsafe way. If you use a connect() with
Qt::QueuedConnection, the call is automatically relayed over the event
loop, and then it doesn't matter any more from which thread you call
the StatusBar.

That was just an idea I just had.. does it make sense to you?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer