b0rkage in trunck

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Thu Oct 16 18:49:10 CEST 2008

Ok some more investigation with Nikolaj, Teo and Leo brought up the following:

> 1) Amarok doesn't quit - have to kill it manually

This does have to do with the stuck jobs. If there are none Amarok quits fine.

> 2) filebrowser doesn't show anything (pretty recent I think as I seem
> to remember it worked before my neon update this morning)

Might have been introduced by Casey? Please look into it Casey.

> 3) statusbar gets "stuck" (ie: some jobs stay there forever - in my
> case some cover fetching jobs and the collection scanning process)

Can you please turn on automatic cover fetching? I think this doesn't
get exposed since most of you don't have it en

Another issue is a scanning process which starts up every time Amarok
starts. It just sits idle in my status bar doing pretty much nothing.
It has something to do with my external HDD as it does not happen when
I use a folder on my internal disc as the source for Amarok's
collection. So to sum up what is happening right now: The first scan
works and I get a collection. When reopening Amarok I still have a
collection and I get a scan process that does nothing.

There is another problem with the collection scanner keeping on
running after Amarok quit but I am not sure about what is triggering
that yet. Need to investigate more.

Anyone else with their collection on an external disk? I think this is
causing most of my problems and it would be good to have that tested
by someone else.

Oh well
/me goes and files bugs

--