extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Wed Oct 15 23:13:59 CEST 2008

2008/10/16 Soren Harward <stharward at gmail.com>:
> SVN commit 871785 by stharward:
>
> Load Service-associated tracks properly on startup
>
> If the playlist is saved with tracks from a Service in it (eg, tracks
> from Magnatune) when Amarok is closed, we want those tracks to be
> properly reloaded when Amarok restarts.  This means that the
> ServicePluginManager has to be loaded before PlaylistModel reloads the
> tracks, so that ServicePluginManager can register as a TrackProvider for
> service-related tracks.  This patch forces ServicePluginManager to be
> loaded before tracks are restored into the playlist.

Excuse me if I am being presumptuous by not actually reading this
patch or by being ignorant in the services area, but... ;)

I recall that during Akademy Casey was working on getting service
tracks in the playlist to load using a MetaProxy, which would
automatically update the Playlist track when the required meta
information was available. The idea was to lazy load the services as
required after application startup, as they may be blocking and/or
severely penalise startup times.

Has this workflow changed?

Thanks for clarification,
Seb