Amarok 2 default audio player in Mandriva 2009

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Tue Oct 14 08:53:05 CEST 2008

Ahoy,

so we've just learned that Amarok 2 beta (a SVN snapshot it seems) is
the default audio player in Mandriva 2009, which was released
2008-10-09. On the one hand I'm impressed by the boldness of this
move, but on the other hand I think it was a rather risky decision,
and they should have talked this over with us.

And if they are so eager to push Amarok 2, wouldn't it be nice to
sponsor us, or at least contribute some patches? You be the judge.

A blog reviewing the distro and and mentioning Amarok 2:

    http://celettu.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/mandriva-2009/

A screenshot:

    http://www.mandriva.com/files/imagecache/640x480/files/product/FirefoxAmarok2.png

--