Project Governance, take 2

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Wed Oct 8 04:52:14 CEST 2008

2008/10/8 Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu>:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
>> I think we'll proceed as follows, unless there are objections. Early
>> next week, we'll put forward an IRC discussion for those that are
>> interested to refine these rules into something better (if even
>> needed). Then, we'll email the list with a revised version and do a
>> few more cycles if we need until we can find a set of rules where the
>> majority of people are satisfied. Once we reach this stage, we can put
>> the governance rules into action (doing so will need more discussion,
>> eg who is authorised to make these decisions). Let's take it step at a
>> time.
>
> Well there is the notable blanks for how to decide who is a voting
> member. I'm thinking we can think of some reasonable requirements for
> the initial members and then have the membership and/or council make
> the decisions for future members.

To avoid distractions, do you think it would be okay to deal with the
initial members once we have sorted out the rules? If the two are
highly coupled then we should determine them at the same time in that
case, but perhaps there is no need for it.

> Ian

Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/