Project Governance, take 2

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Oct 7 12:59:33 CEST 2008

On 7 Oct 2008, at 11:50, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> I think this is exceptionally important for us, especially with the
> large sums of money which we are collecting during Roktober, we must
> save and spend responsibly.
>
> My proposal is to refine these set of rules, and then put them into
> practice as soon as possible.

I agree that this is an essential part of the project. From personal
experience, regarding reimbursement of Akademy travel funds, I was
unclear what the procedure was and who had the authority to actually
allow funds to be disbursed.

I like the 3-member advisory committee as well as the treasurer
positions. Having multiple people actually discuss large commitment of
project funds (and at least one person oversee all disbursements)
allows us to be much more fair and even in our use of money. And there
will hopefully be a lot of it!

So, could me in favor.

Leo

---