playlist subsystem overhaul

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Oct 7 11:44:06 CEST 2008

2008/10/7 Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com>:
>> Yes, it's known that graphical finesse is of little importance to you :)
>
> I do actually take some offense to this, seeing as I have actually
> done most of the work to tweak and integrate every single theme we
> have had so far, including the current one. I know you did not like
> most of the previous themes we have had, but I have simply worked with
> what I had available.
>
>> Which doesn't even work. Enabling it in combination with transparency
>> yields horrible graphical glitches.
>
> Which is a Qt bug that needs to be solved, but not a proof that it
> cannot be done.

Ladies, please. We know how important the UI of Amarok is to everyone.
I think (hope) we all are in agreement that much improved
functionality trumps loss of animation, and that this can come back at
a later stage once we have a handle on how to implement it, or with
improvements in Qt 4.5.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/