playlist subsystem overhaul

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue Oct 7 02:35:50 CEST 2008

2008/10/7 Soren Harward <stharward at gmail.com>:
> As I mentioned on amarok-devel last week, I've been working on an overhaul of
> the playlist subsytem, and it's now ready to commit to the SVN tree.  It fixes
> a bunch of bugs, and (from my perspective) vastly cleans up and simplifies the
> subsystem.  But it's a big (about 16k lines, 6k of which are entirely new code)
> invasive patch, so I'd like to have a couple people look over it before I
> commit it.  The full patch (against r868502) is available at:
>
> http://www.mandy-and-soren.org/misc_files/playlist_overhaul-r868502.patch.gz

Impressive work, Soren. I suppose that with this overhaul it would be
a good time to review the TrackNavigators in Amarok, which are
inherently broken and have a pretty high priority to be fixed. Since
you've had a good wade through the playlist code, does your new
infrastructure allow us to improve the track navigators? Any thoughts
on how they might be reimplemented?

Cheers

--
Seb Ruiz