ratings and scores use 0 for default value

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 18:08:04 CET 2008

On 11/30/08, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> Dan Meltzer wrote:
>  > We're going to want to change tables down the road probalby anyways...
>  > so we'll have to come up with a good way of doing updates (probably
>  > something like quassel does, I imagine.  I cannot think of any
>  > possible justification for making this change between a release
>  > candiate and the final release.  The idea of unrated ==0 is used
>  > throughout the amarok code, and it would be relativaly easy for
>  > regressions to appear.
>

> Yes, agreed, the major Amarok codebase using null=0 shouldn't be changed
>  now.  Caleb also said he may try to come up with a better schema we
>  could use for i.e. 2.1.

I can try. I'm not sure what has or hasn't changed. the truth is I
know next to nothing about C++ so even if I do create or design
improved sql, I may not be able to do much there. I'm not promising
anything either.

>  That's why I'm in favor of trying to fix this before release...

I don't have an opinion on when, I can see that it might have to wait,
as jeff said earlier he requested I send this.

--
Caleb Cushing