Project Governance, take 2

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Sun Nov 23 22:22:57 CET 2008

2008/11/24 Gregory Meyer <greg at gkmeyer.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Lydia Pintscher
> <lydia.pintscher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Jeff Mitchell
>> <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
>>> Okay, so when is the final time?  11am UTC is way too early.  I'll be on
>>> a red-eye flight tonight and will be getting in around that time, and
>>> then immediately going to work, the whole process of which will take
>>> several hours.  That's also 5am for Ian.  I propose 3pm or 4pm UTC.
>>
>> I think we can safely say it is not going to happen tomorrow.
>
> I had proposed 2PM UTC, not UTC +2.  2PM UTC is 9AM on the US East
> Coast and 6AM on the West (early, but unreasonably so).  It is
> afternoon all over Europe and Seb said he was willing to deal with the
> late hour in his time zone, which is +11.  It seemed to be a time that
> would make it easiest for the most to attend.
>
> 3-4PM UTC is great for those of us in the Western Hemisphere, but out
> east where Seb is it will be 3AM.
>
> So how about a week from tomorrow @ 2PM UTC.

Sorry for the extremely short notice for that, I'd been planning to
schedule this meeting for well over a week but have been forgetful and
bogged down all week. This new time is good for me.

> So everyone can read the discussions and has the chance to vote.
We also need to discuss who can vote, whilst we will be inclusive, we
can't have random people who are not involved with the project vote
rights.

Lydia - will you put this meeting into the amarok google cal? (and
give me write access too, please)

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/