Amarok urls, first (working) draft

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 21:37:36 CET 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Finally, I know Casey was thinking about using this system for the
> track bookmarks, as they could concisely be described as such a url
> and easily stored, passed around, ...

Just to elaborate on this. I've been planning a Bookmarking feature
for post 2.0. See the wiki for the details [1]. This feature would
need some sort of "My Bookmarks" list, and I think Nikolaj's idea and
mine will fit well together. A bookmarked track could be represented
like so:
amarok://playback/librivox/Shakespeare/King Lear/position:4.10
amarok://playback/podcasts/TWIT/Episode210/position:12.13

Casey
[1] Proposal: http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Proposals/Bookmarking