Project Governance, take 2

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Sun Nov 23 08:41:37 CET 2008

2008/10/7 Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org>:
> Hi all,
> A number of months ago, Greg proposed a set of rules for governing the
> finances of the Amarok project. The purpose is to provide a balance of
> control as to reimbursements and authorisations as to how the money of
> the Amarok project is spent.
>
> I think this is exceptionally important for us, especially with the
> large sums of money which we are collecting during Roktober, we must
> save and spend responsibly.
>
> My proposal is to refine these set of rules, and then put them into
> practice as soon as possible.

How we'll proceed from here:

IRC meeting setup scheduled for Monday UTC +2.
This is early for those based in the US, mid afternoon EU, and 1am AU time.

IRC channel tbc.

Since there haven't been any major opposition to anything in the
document, we'll most likely get straight to business and have some
people nominated for these positions. Small issues like document
wording could be cleared up too.

I know this is short notice, but please reply ASAP if this time is not
a convenient time and you feel strongly about being in the meeting. We
can reschedule.

Regards,
Seb

--