Fwd: ALERT: API changes after RC1

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sat Nov 22 15:54:17 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Zhou <peterzhoulei at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM
Subject: ALERT: API changes after RC1

Dear All,

The API has been changed after Amarok2 RC1. The configure() signal is
no longer provided by Amarok. Actually it has never been sent, but the
signal was provided and I forgot to implement. :S Since we may need
much work to do on this issue, I decided to postpone this at least
till the release of 2.0.1.
You can add a config menu to do a triggered.connect(onConfigure) if
you really need to store any config info.

In order to provide a more convenient way to do config jobs,
Amarok.Script.readConfig/writeConfig functions are ready for use. You
don't need to have your own config files for that.

Todo:
1. The version checking function must be implemented before 2.0.1, or
the change of APIs would be a disaster.
2. I found the GUI control APIs are not sufficient enough. We may want
to come up with a more flexible way of adding menus/buttons. Now you
can only add menus on the Settings/Tools menu.

--
Cheers,
Peter ZHOU