Post 2.0.0 release plan discussion

Teo Mrnjavac teo.mrnjavac at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 20:44:12 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 8:35 PM, William Viana <vianasw at gmail.com> wrote:
> From my side I would like to develop the support for installing new applets.
> Also allow users to resize applets and the possibility to reorganize them. I
> wanted to give a utility to the cloud applet too, so I'll probably try to
> help Nikolaj.
>
> --
>     -William-
>

> 2008/11/20 Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com>
>>
>> > Ok, before we decide on how we are going to do it we should decide on
>> > what we are going to do.
>> > So first of all please everyone let me/us know about their post 2.0
>> > plans. No bikesheding and/or discussion here! Just tell what you want
>> > to work on. Brainstorming! Everything is allowed.
>> > Once we have that we can see how we are going to to this and when. I
>> > can make a rough proposal once everyone wrote down their plans and
>> > then we can discuss it. This also makes it a lot easier to draw up a
>> > timeline to stick to.
>>

>> I think this is an excellent idea, do note that bugfixing has to be
>> added alongside all of these proposals ( as I doubt anyone has it as
>> their major plan to fix bugs for 6 months )
>>

>> Anyway, my major plans (in no particular order) are:
>>
>> * Collection Bookmarks / Amarok Urls ( I have explained this to some,
>> ask if you dont know what it is )
>> * Browser / playlist category for the above
>> * Improving the scriptable service framework ( custom icons and album
>> images )
>> * Helping Jeff with the private Album/Artist/.. registry ( will fix
>> the playlist grouping once and for all and save tons of memory)
>> * Do _something_ with the cloud applet
>> * General improvements of the service framework
>> * Do something with the member favorites feature on Magnatune.com
>> * Add new features to Magnatune store as I get them ready on Magnatune.com
>> * Interface update (unless some other unfortunate soul wishes to have
>> a go at this)
>>
>> I have likely forgotten a ton of stuff, but that is what pops into my
>> head right now.
>>
>> - Nikolaj

Right after 2.0 I'll have exams for a while so I won't be able to do
much more than bugfixing.
After that I would like to do some major beautification of the tokens
in FilenameLayoutDialog. Also TagDialog needs a lot of love, that I'm
not sure I'll be able to do completely on my own but it has to be
done.