For rokymotion

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Nov 20 13:39:07 CET 2008

Seb Ruiz wrote:
> We need to take into account that we have acknowledged that A2 on
> mac/win are still beta quality, still straggling behind the linux
> experience. We also know of the incredibly high standards of the mac
> community with UI design etc. If we are pushing big stories of Amarok
> 2 on mac/win, we may have significant backlash if the product isn't up
> to the same level of quality.

Exactly my thoughts.  In fact, I would only talk up the Linux version
with the 2.0 release unless we're asked about the Mac/Windows one.  Let
2.0 be reviewed, let a few bugfix releases get out the door where we can
pretty our UI, add some better features, figure out how to get at least
iPod handling on Windows and Mac working/distributed, and so on, and
then we can hopefully use the strength of the hopefully good regard that
2.0 gives us to promote the Mac/Windows versions.  Those will be big
deals; let's not rush into them until we're very ready.

--Jeff