Some more missing icons

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Nov 4 13:39:49 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Bart Cerneels wrote:
>
>> Hey Lee,
>>
>> I wonder if you can also include an icon to indicate a podcast episode
>> is new (i.e. appeared in the feed recently and has not been listened
>> to). I'll also use it to indicate a channel has new episodes so don't
>> make it to episode specific. Not that a general icon for "episode"
>> exists, but you know what I mean.
>> Canola2 for the Nokia internet tablets uses a simple colored dot for
>> this. I like it. Here's a screen shot:
>> http://flickr.com/photos/69884632@N00/2509605820/ .
> os x also uses colored dots (albeit blue not green) so this would be a
> good choice I  think.
>>
>> But keeping with the style of amarok 1.4, where the "airwaves" around
>> the radio antenna is red instead of blue, is also fine with me.

My longer goal plan is a complete new UI for the PodcastCategory. Then
we'll show artwork for each episode and possibly the subtitle as well.
I'll blog about those plans today.
With the Amarok 1.4 style UI the old icons work very well, if artwork
is included there is no room for it anymore though. So for consistency
with other podcast-fetchers I would prefer to use those colored dots.
That color will be based on the theme BTW, just like the rest of the
PodcastCategory.

Bart