Standardizing Context Menu Actions

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Nov 3 15:41:39 CET 2008

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> I definitely think this is something we should target for 2.0.1. As
> soon as possible without delaying our 2.0.0 release.
>
> I agree that it is a major annoyance in some cases, but I dont think
> it is a show stopper, especially if we fix it quickly.

I was about to say this exact thing.  We've always had the "release
early, release often" approach.  Why not start working on these things
as soon as we have our code freeze for 2.0, and release 2.0.1 soon after?

There's an added benefit to this: if we keep adding these major, nice
features in regular 2.0.x releases, it shows how active and dedicated we
are.  No one will think we're resting easy just because 2.0 is out the door.

--Jeff