hang on exit

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:12:11 CEST 2008

On May 30, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Mark Kretschmann wrote:

> On 5/30/08, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
>> On 5/30/08, Frederik Gladhorn <frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de> wrote:
>>> Ok, maybe it works this time ;) rip out another mutex, seems like
>>> I didn't
>>> test enough yesterday.
>>

>> Yay, removing the mutex from abstractrunner.cpp fixes the problem
>> for me :)
>>
>> Now to get a proper fix into libplasma..
>
> Ok, the culprit was the static QMutex in abstractrunner.cpp. Changing
> it to non-static fixes the issue (static is evil!). Patch is attached.

Is this a band-aid for our issues right now or does this mean we're
going to start having a separate version of plasma than the one in
kdebase?
If we are starting our own "branch" won't it be a pain come 4.2, if
libplasma is merged into kdelibs and we use something totally
different to them?

Also, we don't actually use runners for anything, and practically the
only plasma users who ever will are the krunner dudes. Why not ask on
plasma-devel for one o' them fancy #ifdef's or #defines base on
whether or not we use runners or not.
Either way kick ass work on hunting this down señores Gladhorn y
Kretschmann. :-)