iPhone

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Tue May 27 12:34:36 CEST 2008

If I remember correctly, the only current way to connect an
iPhone/iTouch to a linux box is to mount it with fuse/ssh. From there,
you simply need a new enough version of libgpod-cvs which can apply
the cryptographic hash to the ipod database.

If the above is still true, then there would be most gain in
implementing some sort of hal/udev rules for the iphone/itouch (or
some other more appopriate method) which can automatically mount the
device. This would provide a system wide gain as opposed to a single
application/library.

Seb

2008/5/27 Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>:
> Heya,
>
> Yesterday at OpenExpo someone approached me about iPhone support in
> Amarok. His company would be willing to sponsor an iPhone for someone
> who will make it work. (And maybe even pay some money? I didn't really
> understand him there.)
>
> As I understood it it first has to be supported by libgpod, right? If
> it is supported there will it work in Amarok without problems?
>
> Is one of you willing to work on this or should I rather contact the
> gtkpod guys about that?
>

> Cheers
> Lydia
>
> --