iPhone

Martin Aumueller aumuell at reserv.at
Tue May 27 08:54:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

Amarok and libgpod already support the iphone (and the ipod touch, which is
very similar). The thing that is lacking is easy filesystem level access to
iphones. Now, this can be only achieved using ssh/fuse or samba or ... via
wifi (which is slow) on a hacked/jailbroken iphone (which many people don't
want to do). Unfortunately, there is not yet a way to do it via the usb
cable. This is the part that is missing.

Some folks started to reverse engineer this:
http://matt.colyer.name/projects/iphone-linux/index.php?title=Main_Page
These are the people that should be supported for better iphone support in
Amarok/Linux.

Martin