bug day

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed May 21 18:42:19 CEST 2008

On 5/21/08, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Lydia Pintscher
>  <lydia.pintscher at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > I talked to grundleborg from the KDE bugs team today. They are
>  > interested in doing an Amarok bug day to get away from doing Konqueror
>  > stuff all the time.
>  > Since we are doing fairly well in keeping up with new bugs we decided
>  > that going through old bugs would be most helpful for us. That means
>  > checking if bugs are still present in 1.4.9.1 or 2, leaving notes in
>  > bugs that will likely not get fixed in 1.4.x any more and so on.
>  > The bug day will be on 15th of June. They would of course appreciate
>  > it if at least two people with a deeper knowledge of our work/plans
>  > would be present so they can check with us if needed. I will most
>  > likely be there and hope some of you will as well. I will send a
>  > reminder about it before of course.
>  >
>  > If you have any notes/tips/... for them on what (not) to do with our
>  > bugs please post them here and I will make sure they get them.
>

> My thought is that they should be error-on-the-side of closing Amarok
>  1.4 bugs. Especially older inactive ones. 1.4 is really in
>  quick-obvious-bug-fix-only mode at most, so they should feel free to
>  be really aggressive.

I agree with Ian. Let them focus on closing irrelevant and inactive
stuff. If we should ever do another 1.4 release at all, we'd only fix
super important showstopper bugs, but hardly any small ones. Our
motivation to touch 1.4 is really low anyway.

Other than that, I'll probably be able to help in the bug triage.
Could you put it on our Amarok calendar, lest I forget?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer