Database conversion tool

Maximilian Kossick mkossick at gmx.de
Sat Mar 29 10:34:51 CET 2008

On Saturday 29 March 2008, Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> On Saturday 29 March 2008, Seb Ruiz wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I'd like to get back in A2 development by writing a tool that will let
> > users convert their Amarok 1.4 database into one which is readable by
> > Amarok 2.
> >
> > This means extracting from sqlite/mysql/pgsql and inserting it into
> > the sqlite (or other, if we decide) of Amarok 2.
> >
> > Is there any documentation on the schema of the A2 database, aside
> > from viewing the database or source code directly?
>
> Unfortunately not as far as I know. I think somebody generated a diagram of
> either the A1 or A2 database once, and sent it to one of our lists. That's
> not proper documentation, but at least you would not have to figure out the
> schema by reading the source code.
>
> > Also, any suggestions on the best way to create this tool? Integrate
> > it into Amarok 2, or as a standalone app?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Seb

How about simply copying the statistics table from A1 into the A2 database?
That table did not change all that much. A2 could fill the other tables by
simply scanning the collection. It might be a good idea to run some sanity
checks on the rows of A1's statistics table. There's probably some stuff in
there which does not belong in the A2 SqlCollection statistics table, because
that one only handles statistics for files in the local collection.

--Max

ps: and why did my last e-mail go into the moderation queue??? /me is confused