amarok database

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 00:40:34 CET 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 03:12:43 am Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Currently Amarok 2 only supports the SQlite backend, but we have plans
> to switch this over to MySQL Embedded (or, at the user's choice,
> normal MySQL). But we don't really want to support multiple database
> backends any more. If you could help us researching the use of MySQL
> Embedded for Amarok, that would be extremely helpful.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/libmysqld.html

If I am reading this correctly it means that we would have to use mysql 4.x
for the embedded version. couldn't that cause problems with people who have
mysql 5.0 running on there box's? I would think this could cause all sorts of
problems.

and I'm personally not keen on using mysql 4.x for the job.

anyone feel free to correct me if I'm reading this wrong, or if the fact that
mysql 5.0 not being supported is not an issue.
--
Caleb Cushing

PGP keys available on key server
wwwkeys.us.pgp.net

Due to low Internet availability I may not check
my email more than once a week, and thus cannot
guarantee a response time.