Current Track applet

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 22:35:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM, William Viana <vianasw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I've asked a friend of mine to collaborate as an artist. He told me
> that he is a little bit busy to get involved right now but that he
> could do specific tasks. He has a pretty good taste and skills (IMHO)
> so I asked him to create a mockup of a new Current Track Applet. This
> is what we've got as a start:
>
> http://socios.aditel.org/~wviana/amarok/a2-CT_mockup3.png
>
> What do you think?
>
> By the way his name is Jacobo.
> --
>    -William-

I think it's very very goooood.
Things I like:
Icons on the side conveying contextual info about which words
correspond to Artist, Trackname and Album. I also think I should keep
how we present this information to the user consistent throughout,
e.g. In the OSD, by default show the artist first, trackname second,
and album last.

Album Cover image size isn't dictated by size of text. i.e. the album
cover can take up more vertical space than is created by artist,
trackname and album info.

Rating (and all other icons) looks integrated into applet, not as a
separate component. ditto for icons one the side.

Things I don't like:
I had to think really hard about this so basically I'm just _trying_
to find something negative to say.
The icons on the side maybe convey too much info. Do we really need to
know how many times a tracks been played?
Also what do the icons mean? I know the heart is for loving tracks
(and will only show up for people who have filled in last.fm
credentials, right?) but what do the others mean? Does the two with
the curly arrows mean, repeated playback twice or that I've played the
track twice? The the inside the target... I've got no clue.

--
All your gmail are belong to us.