Debian patches

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Jun 26 16:44:28 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Lydia Pintscher
<lydia.pintscher at gmail.com> wrote:
> Heya everyone,
>
> it was pointed out to me that Debian has not been a good citizen and
> is keeping quite a few patches that should be applied upstream.

*insert sarcastic surprise and openssl reference here*

> Please someone have a look at those. Especially patch 15 as it seems
> to increase performance a lot.
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kde/kde-extras/amarok/trunk/debian/patches/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> I think we really should consider adding those if useful.

Some of them are pedantic nonsense (eg removing #!/usr/bin/ruby's ),
but like that crash fix for last.fm is interesting and it is amazingly
irresponsible of Debian not to push such things to us.

Patch 15 makes sense, I guess we would be looking up artist and such
in the temp table to find if the artist exists yet or not.