extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/servicebrowser/mp3tunes

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 23 18:25:30 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> icing on the cake would be to download the remote file to a temporary
>> location and then upload it to mp3tunes from there if mp3tunes can't
>> access the file (e.g. because it's a daap share on the local network)
>
> Good point, but I think we need to add general support for this
> scenario as not all services has a sideload function. :-)

yeah, i thought about that too after sending the mail. we could add a
protected KUrl::List getTemporaryLocalFiles(KUrl::List) method to
CollectionLocation itself, which would download the files. The
temporary files can be deleted in the dtor.
or we can tell the destination location about a local file as soon as
it is ready, instead of after downloading all of them, that might
speed up the process a bit.