add applets dialogue

Lydia Pintscher lydia.pintscher at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:07:56 CEST 2008

> - It is unintuitive to open a configuration dialogue by left clicking.
> People are used to open them by right clicking.
> - It is different from the way Plasma does it. People who know that it
> is related will be confused.

I think I should clarify those two points.

When the dialogue first opened accidentally I did not even make the
connection that it was caused by me clicking on the context view.
This happenend several times. I thought it was a bug and that it just
opened without me doing anything but raising the Amarok window.
I only made the connection when someone mentioned it on IRC.

That might be cause by me being used to adding applets by right
clicking but I doubt it tbh.
All of this is made even worse by the fact that the main 3 parts of
the UI blend together more and more. This makes it even less obvious
where to click to add widgets.

Are there any reasons we do not use the cashew? Or create a tiny
applet that opens the dialogue?

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager