add applets dialogue

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Wed Jun 18 11:06:26 CEST 2008

On 6/18/08, Lydia Pintscher <lydia.pintscher at gmail.com> wrote:
>  currently the dialogue to add applets gets opened when left clicking
>  on the context view.
>  I really think this is not a good idea.
>  Here is why:
>  - It is unintuitive to open a configuration dialogue by left clicking.
>  People are used to open them by right clicking.
>  - It is different from the way Plasma does it. People who know that it
>  is related will be confused.
>  - It is annoying as you open it a lot by accident. (Has been confirmed
>  by _several_ people.)

Careful, young padawans. Before you remove it, you must come up with a
solution for the discoverability problem: Right-clicking context view
for adding applets is _not obvious_.

Additionally, a fresh Amarok 2 installation comes with no active
applets at all. This means you're staring at mostly empty GUI.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer