aKademy Funding

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Wed Jun 18 01:19:12 CEST 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 8:32 AM, Bart Cerneels wrote:
> From what I understand w.r.t. e.V. reimbursement priority is given to
> non-EU residents and students with low income. So that means Lydia's
> reimbursement might be confirmed later or not at all since there are
> students even farther away from Belgium within Europe.
> It makes sense to wait for e.V. confirmation and then use Amarok funds
> to cover expenses of those who didn't get it.
> Also remember it might be useful to pay for all Amarokers dinner
> during the non-event days (on Saturday and Thursday food is covered by
> sponsoring/e.V. money). Certainly being able to pay with a credit card
> in restaurants is massively easier then cash. And restaurants here
> will absolutely never split bills!
>
> Bart

So after doing a few (very) quick back-of-the-envelope calculations,
the following is what i get:

If we assume

a) everyone who has applied for funding from the e.V. gets 80% of
travel covered
b) everyone gets reimbursed/fronted what they asked for
c) no one else who is not on the wiki page gets money

the total bill is about 2000 EUR. (this is a *very* rough estimate).
greg---what do our finances look like? is this reasonable? do we need
to start prioritizing?

leo

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680