SqlAlbum image retrieval

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Mon Jun 9 04:11:06 CEST 2008

I'd like to implement the following logic for image handling for
SqlAlbums. The rationale is that in Amarok 1 we had lots of
difficultly keeping track of where the correct image to use resides on
the system. Case in point is to examine the situation where there is a
cover.jpg in a directory and the user has also downloaded artwork from
the web. My logic ensures that we always use the last set image, and
allows us to simplify code by getting rid of stuff like: if(
!findAmazonImage() ) findDiskImage().

If there are no objections I'll go ahead and implement it.

 - sebr

psuedo code:

*** Retreival:
if scaled image found in cache
    return cache

get image path from database

if path not empty and image exists
   scale image, save to cache and return cached image

otherwise, return 'no cover' image

*** Insertion:
if setting custom cover
    delete all caches
    update database path with path to disk

if retrieving from amazon/or other web service
    delete all caches
    get data from web service, save to downloaded covers directory
    update database path with path to downloaded image

*** Removal:

delete all caches

find image path from database

if image was downloaded