Performing an Action Before a Certain Track Plays

Alejandro Wainzinger aikawarazuni at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 20:48:23 CEST 2008

Since MTP devices can't be played directly off of, the only way to
play their tracks would be to copy them to a KTemporaryFile for
playing.  However, this would mean that the entire device of songs
would have to be copied off in order to play without problems.  A
solution I would want is to just keep a list of KTemporaryFiles with
the proposed paths/urls, and to only perform the copy to these files
right before attempting to play them.  Is there a way that I can
detect when a song is about to be played, stop the song from being
played until it's done copying, and then give the go-ahead signal to
keep playing?