Foundations of Open Media Software 2009 CFP

Stecchino bart.cerneels at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 10:59:30 CEST 2008

Hi Team,

I think it would be cool if at least one Amarok developer would present
here (hi Seb, it's close to your part of the marble).

Bart

Sent to you by Stecchino via Google Reader: FOMS 2009 CFP via
blog.kfish.org by Conrad Parker on 6/30/08
We recently opened the FOMS 2009 Call for Participation. FOMS —
Foundations of Open Media Software — is a developer workshop "to widen
cooperation and interoperability among open source media projects". It
will be held a few days before linux.conf.au, in Hobart, Tasmania.

This year's FOMS had a large emphasis on free codecs, with many of the
Xiph.Org developers in attendance. In 2009 we really hope to expand the
participation to include people from projects with alternate technical
viewpoints, such as those of MPlayer and NUT. It would also be good to
get some exposure to projects like Canola2 and Bellagio, in order to
deal with the issues of mobile multimedia. If you're involved in
development of those or similar projects and would be interested in
attending FOMS 2009, please respond to the CFP; there will be some
travel grants available to help get you to Tasmania.
Related conferences
- I'll be at Linux Plumbers Conference 2008 in Portland, Oregon,
specifically for the "Audio" microconf.
- We hope to run a Multimedia Miniconf at LCA 2009 :-)
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to blog.kfish.org using Google Reader
favorite sites